Tuesday, March 5, 2013

Dramatic Tableaux - Fever, 1793

Today the 7th grade performed dramatic tableaux (living photographs, or scenes) from the current core novel we're reading: Fever, 1793 by Laurie Halse Anderson. Each group chose a scene from an assigned chapter and then audience members guessed what the scene might be and discussed the significance.  The goal of this activity was to step into the shoes, and also the hearts and minds, of the characters in our books.

Students, what did you learn from this activity and what questions still remain for you as we continue our reading of Fever, 1793?





















 

2 comments:

  1. Will Matilda Grandfather catch the Yellow Fever?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Dear Brother Tilly,

    Praise God !! Wow, I'm so proud of you going on this trip. I looked at most of the pictures and I see you are having a good time. Remember to say your prayers everyday and I want to tell you that your Mom is singing up a storm at Millennium. I will keep you in my prayers for a safe trip back home. Please enjoy yourself and be ready to tell us how it was being in another country. I will tell my grandson Baseer you are getting to travel and learn more about other cultures. Hey when will you be home?

    Peace and love,
    Ms. Ange Lewis Maddox

    ReplyDelete